Hello loyal Star Wars: BattleCry fans!
We hope you're enjoying 2013. We think it's going to be a great year, not only for us, but for gaming in general.
First of all, we would like to say thanks to all the people who have liked/followed us on Facebook and Twitter respectively.
Now, before we show off our latest work, we have a few announcements to make.
- We are aiming to release a development diary each month in-between normal updates (like this one) to keep people interested in the game
- We have been exploring the option of creating our own website and fan forum. You can expect to see these things later on in the year
- Our F.A.Q is pretty much done and we will release it soon
- A GDD (game design document) and art guide are in the works and will help us make great progress
- Last but not least, we would like to have some proper professional looking designs on all our pages (our upcoming website, moddb, facebook and twitter pages)
Since our last update, several new members have now joined the team:
- 'AsianNoodles' / 'Alex' (texture artist and 3D modeller)
- 'Klaus Wagner' / 'xpldrox' (level designer, environmental artist)
- 'Ben Malley' / 'crapshot1992' (musician)
- 'Calum Brice-Stevens' / 'tunednoise' (sound designer)
- 'Jannu Uy' / 'Defiant Sigma' (props modeller)
Because we have so many members now, we will have to start organising ourselves even better than before. We may have to create a 'core' team for members who are constantly working on the game and a 'contributor' team, for those who have far less free time but want to input ideas and chip in every now and then.
Now onto business!
Environmental artist Klaus Wagner has been improving Hoth:
3D modeller Deforges has been working on a medic droid, an a280 rifle and a fusion cutter:
3D modeller Atombomb has made some more progress on his AT-AT too:
And musician and voice-over artist Altureus and I have been messing around with audio editing software. I use Logic Pro 9, but here's a screenshot of how Altureus makes his music in Mixcraft 6:
Main coder Ande has done a lot of work on coding the main features of the game and we have set up a proper repository to make it easier for our coders to collaborate! Terach the animator has been hard at work getting things rigged up and ready to go and other members like Janna Uy and Wide Boy have been developing other props for the game.
We will explore these things in a dev diary, so stay tuned.
That's all for now folks, we hope you enjoyed this update!
May the force be with you!